20150521

Unity WebGL + networking

While thinking about how should I implement networking, I came across a page which compared HTML5 to Unity - it said that Unity is able to export games to HTML5 (using WebGL). Well, I have tested it. I must say it works pretty well.


It needs to be tested if it works on mobile devices, but if it does, I can check compatibility from my to-do list.

I also looked into some of the networking solutions that are available with Unity: Photon, Bolt, Unity Park Suite... (Link to Forum post 1, Link to Forum post 2)

It turned out, if I want to have persistence, matchmaking, and things like that, I would be better off with some web-based technology (like using a web API with PHP on some web hosting), as Photon Cloud and such usually offer rooms for matching without any persistence. Topic needs more research.

No comments:

Post a Comment